Welcome to my creative writing zone, a place to share my experiences in creative writing – from books and articles, to short essays and poetry, to creative writing and existential pennings.
This site is dedicated to my favorite teacher, Jack Arden Christensen, 1927-2006. Thank you for the encouragement, sincere critique, and the wonderful sense of humor and empathy you had for your students and fellow human beings. Most of all, thank you, Jack, for being my teacher.
A little bit about me:
- Registered Counselor, State of Washington 2003-2008
- Moderator, Thom Hartmann’s Message Board. ADD & Homeschooling Emphasis 2003-2008.
- Coeditor, with Thom Hartmann and Susan Burgess, of Think Fast! The ADD Experience, based on information from the ADD Forum on CompuServe and permanently archived in 1996, along with other memorabilia from the ADD Forum, at the Smithsonian Institute.
- Sysop of the ADD and Homeschool fora on CompuServe, 1993-2003
- Former contributing editor of The ADDedLine.
- Field Supervisor for an intern from The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington, in conjunction with the School at Home Forum on CompuServe March 1997 – June 3, 1997.
- Member, Board of Directors of the Olympia Chapter, Learning Disabilities Association of Washington State from 1993-1998.
- Homeschooling parent 1992-2003
- Former volunteer editor of the Olympia Learning Disabilities Association’s newsletter, The ADD Connection 1992-1997
- Licensed as a Social Service Worker, State of Washington. 1979-1987
- Graduate Cum Laude, 1979 from the University of Utah with a B.S. in Family & Consumer Studies (Marriage and Family emphasis), with a Certificate in Social Welfare.
- Approved Continuing Education Credits
Internet Addiction (3 CEU) Zur Institute